Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dad, Let's Accept The Truth



One day, a rich father took his beloved son to a near by village on a trip. He actually wanted to show him how poor someone can be. They spent few days on the farm of a poor Muslim family.

On the way home, the father asked his son: "Dear, did you see how poor they are? How miserable their life is, can you tell me all that you have learned from this trip?"

The son replied: "Yes dad! I have learned something what you couldn't teach me for so many years and nor did my teachers at school."

"Dear dad! We have a pool, but they have rivers, we have lanterns at night, but they have stars. We have costly cars which are fuel dependant, but they have horses which are free. We have to breath the polluted air, but they don't have to. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have guards to protect us, but they have friends. We have encyclopedias, but they have one magnificent and glorious book called Qur'an."

Then he added: "Thanks dad, for showing me how poor really we are. Surely we have big things but not great things. We are rich from outside but miserably poor inside."

"Dear dad, lets live a life with some standards instead of living a standard life. I see with my heart what I can't with my eyes. Dad...let's accept the truth before it's too late.."

No comments:

Post a Comment